I am building a quadcopter (HK SK450 Dead Cat)! Its for use in aerial photography and disaster management. I will be documenting the build here, once all the parts arrive.
I am also getting a Raspberry Pi Model B for Christmas from my parents! It will be used in various projects, but I will mainly concentrate on putting into things that fly! I am hoping to use the Pi on my quad for image processing to identify smoke,fires,people and other disaster-related stuff to make the quad an all-in-one disaster relief platform.
My new 11.1v 4500 mAh nano-Tech LiPo also arrived a couple of days back. I will use it mainly on my Bixler, but on my quad too, if it can be lifted.
Quad configuration :
- 28mm 1200 kV motors (not decided)
- 30A ESCs (not decided ; will be reflashed with SimonK)
- HobbyKing SK450 frame + Dead Cat conversion kit
- 10 x 4.5 CW and CCW propellers
- 3000 mAh 30C 11.1v LiPo
- ArduPilot Mega 2.x FC (with MediaTek GPS, Sonar and Optical Flow sensor)
- HackHD / Canon PowerShot A810
I will start the build after coming back from my vacation, by when all the parts from various places arrive.